Monday, June 11, 2012

Interviews with the kids

So my friends Jeana and Becky interviewed their children and got some pretty cute answers. I decided to copy them, right down to using the same questions. I think it originated as a Mother's day interview - all about Mom. I interviewed all four of my kids at different times, so these answers are not "group think" answers. :)
1.What is something your mom always says to you?

Cameron (age 15): "Hey, Bud!" 
Katie (age 13): "I love you." 
Rosalie (age 11): "I love you." 
Natalie (age 9): "I love you." 

(OK, forget the quotes. And forget full names...) 

2. What makes your mom happy? 

C: Being with her family. 
K: When you bring her flowers, do chores and help out with dinner. 
R: Flowers. 
N: Flowers. 

 3. What makes your mom sad? 

C: When Daddy's gone. 
K: When someone else is sad, when someone dies. 
R: When we disobey. 
N: When Nana dies. 

 4. How does your mom make you laugh?

 C: By singing funny songs in a silly voice. 
K: She says funny stuff and tickles me. 
R: By doing crazy things. 
N: By tickling me. 

5. What was your mom like as a child? 

C: Friendly. 
K: No idea. 
R: Liked to read and play outside and read the Bible 
N: Pretty. 6. 

How old is your mom? 

 C: 40 
K: 40 
R: 40 
N: 40 

Shoot - no fooling them! 

 7. How tall is your mom? 

 C: 5'9" 
K: 5'9" 
R: I don't know 
N: 6'2" 

8. What is her favorite thing to do? 

 C: Be with friends and family. 
K: Be a mom. 
R: Shopping going to the beach, being with her kids. 
N: Read the Bible. 

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? 

C: Runs errands, takes care of my sisters. 
K: Laundry, dishes, chores, go to Bible Study, clean Grampa and Grandma's house. 
R: Sometimes she cleans Grampa and Grandma's house, read 
N: Clean people's houses and put away the clean dishes, clean up the house, get ready to have people over. 

 10. If your mom becomes famous what will it be for? 

C: Her cooking 
K: Her cooking 
R: Being the best mom. 
N: Being a missionary. 

11. What is your mom really good at? 

C: Being a mom. 
K: Cooking and being a mom. 
R: Being a mom. 
N: Being a mom. 

12. What is your mom not very good at? 

 C: Swimming. 
K: I don't know. 
R: I don't know. 
N: Painting (like art) 

13. What does your mom do for a job? 

C: Takes care of our family. 
K: She's a stay-at-home mom. 
R: Nothing - well, you don't work anywhere. 
N: Clean people's houses. 

14. What is your mom's favorite food? 

 C: PF Chang's (restaurant), sesame chicken and broccoli. 
K: ice cream? 
R: Pineapple 
N: Mango 

15. What makes you proud of your mom? 

C: She's not embarrassed to act weird in front of my friends. 
K: That she's a good mom. 
R: That you're our mom. 
N: For you being a mom. 

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? 

 C: (Haven't got an answer yet.) 
K: Bugs Bunny, cuz he is smart. 
R: I don't know 
N: The little girl in Inspector Gadget - Penny. 

 17. What do you and your mom do together? 

 C: make silly jokes, talk. 
K: Go shopping, cook, garden 
R: Go shopping, read together. 
N: Read a book together, clean the house, play. 

18. How are you and your mom alike? 

C: We look similar, we have the same sense of humor. 
K: We look alike, we have some of the same interests, we both love our family.
R: We both like to go shopping, we both like Tiger (the cat). 
N: We like the same foods. 

19. How are you and your mom different? 

C: She's more mature than I am - age-wise and brain-wise. 
K: We're different ages, I do water polo and she's a mom. 
R: I like different foods - You like foods I don't like. 
N: We like different kinds of gum. 

20. How do you know your mom loves you? 

 C: By hugging me and making silly jokes with me. 
K: She says she loves me, she disciplines us to make us good people. 
R: She disciplines me because she cares about me, she tells me. 
N: Because she tells it to me all the time. 

21. What does your mom like most about your dad? 

C: His love of Jesus. 
K: That he's a good, strong Christian. 
R: He's a good dad. 
N: He's a Christian. 

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? 

C: Home, Bible Study, church. 
K: Crescent Lake. 
R: The beach and clothes shopping. 
N: The beach. 

23. What do you think of your mom? 

C: She's a good Christian, she loves us and she's cool. 
K: She's a good mom and a good Christian and she loves us. 
R: A good mom, we can trust her, she loves us, she's a Christian. 
N: She's a good person, trustworthy and loyal. 

 So, that was fun. I especially like how Rosalie's answers many times involved shopping - HER favorite thing to do. :) I was a bit surprised that none of them know my favorite food. Then again, maybe I don't either.... And I like that Cameron thinks I'm cool. :) And I don't know why he doesn't think I'm very good at swimming.... just because I don't play water polo doesn't mean I can't swim. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. These are so precious. You are building a household of faith. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love love love you Carrie. You are obviously the most awesome mom on the planet LOL. Your children know they are loved and they know where your beliefs lie. They may not see everything about you that we all know is there but that will all happen as they become adults. I can't wait to see how the rest of your family's story unfolds cousin. Patty PS Your mom is so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete