

This time the pain is different, maybe even more difficult, if that makes any sense. (Probably not to some of you.) This time my wonderful husband has been asked to resign his position as senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church. It is not what we would choose. Yet it is Reid's decision to submit to the church board in this. It is a long, yucky, messy story that I cannot share, except to say that Reid's integrity and character are not at all in question. (Thank you, Jesus!) For us, it has been painful beyond our previous experience, difficult to understand. We have cried, vented angry feelings, prayed up many a storm, and talked it over for hours and hours. We don't know why God has allowed this to happen, but we trust that He is good, that He is in control and that He has a better plan for us and for our church family.
So. You're wondering. The project? Knock out the fireplace in the living room; replace the old, worn out carpet with beautiful, new, tax return payed for, laminate wood flooring; repaint the walls a warm, cheery, yellow/orange; and put new molding around all the windows, doors and floor. Oh yeah, and while we're at it, replace the old, worn out carpet in the playroom, too.






When Geary went to his uncle's funeral I painted my bedroom. I thought of you and your projects during pain. This is my theory: when our worlds feel ugly and dying we feel the need to create beauty and life. It's the Imago Dei in us--wanting to turn things on their heads and bring streams to desert. You are creating beauty in this. Both in your home and in your community. I know this because I have been made more beautiful by your investment in me. Love you, friend.
ReplyDeleteP.S. How in the world is Cam taller than all those big men???
Hmm, one thing I forgot to add. You are creating beauty, lowercase, small scale. HE is creating Beauty out of this, Uppercase, grand scheme, eternal...as only He can.
ReplyDeleteOh wow Carrie. That is BIG news. I can't even imagine the story but I love you all and you are all in my prayers. I wonder what your next big adventure in life will be after all of this and what path God is sending you all down. It must be something incredible for it to go this way. I have always found that the ways that I fear and don't understand the most have led me to the most wondrous places. I am shedding some tears for you right now myself but have faith that something amazing is going to happen for you all. I love you. Cousin Patty
ReplyDeleteI love the yellow walls! And the blue! And the floor! It's all so beautiful. I love Jeana's theory of bringing streams to deserts. That's beautiful too. I love you, my friend, and am praying for you in this pain you are experiencing. I am so glad you wrote this vulnerable post.
ReplyDeleteYour home is beautiful, warm and welcoming. I love what Jeana said. It is so true! I also love the look of your blog. It's lovely!
ReplyDeleteThanks, all you lovely ladies, for your encouragement, prayers and support! I love you all very much. :) I should mention that I wrote this a few weeks ago and that the pain is not so fresh anymore. I just didn't have the energy or time to post the pictures, so I didn't get it posted until just the other day. :)
ReplyDelete