I witnessed some wonderful things this last weekend.
I saw a boy who had been hesitant and unsure on the football field in the past step up, take leadership and play the game well. He got to play starting center, and it gave me chills to see him stand out there fist in the air and hear him yell "huddle up!" to his teammates. He blocked well, encouraged his teammates and played hard. It helps that he has a coach who believes in him and encourages him to become the player the coach sees he can be.
I saw a girl with natural athletic ability play through the pain of an injured wrist without complaint even though I could see the pain on her face, score two soccer goals and run like the wind on the soccer field. (She hurt her wrist back in August, but hadn't wanted to go to the doctor. Finally, once school started she decided it was time to see the doctor, and we found out she probably tore a ligament. Now she's wearing a brace for two weeks to help it heal up.)
I saw a girl who has struggled with school work in previous years sit at the table for over an hour working on an assignment for school. She worked diligently and her handwriting was good. She didn't even stop when her hand got tired!
I saw a Daddy sit with that girl for over an hour and cheerfully encourage her in her efforts, gently correcting her spelling errors, encouraging her and making her giggle throughout their time together.
And I saw a littlest sister encourage all her older siblings in their endeavors, cheerfully going where we needed to go with a smile on her face and a spring in her step.
I am truly a very blessed woman. Thank you, Jesus.
Untethered… and Running On
11 months ago

I can hardly see at all through my tears right now.
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome Carrie! That you look for the beautiful things whereever you look can be a hard task to master but I think you have done it! Keep looking! I love you! Patty
ReplyDeleteWow Carrie! This one slipped by me. Very nice! Hmmm the things we see when we choose to see them! You have a wonderful eye and heart, perfect for seeing these things! :)
ReplyDelete