Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Post Christmas Blues

Does anyone else get the post Christmas blues or is it just me?

I miss the extra laughter, the extra music and the extra conversations that happen because everyone is around the house more.
I miss gathering with extended family multiple times to eat, hang out, play games and chat.
I miss parties, and bringing fun snacks to the parties, and not having to cook as much because of parties and extended family meals together.
I miss having extra help around the house and in the kitchen - which happens because there's no school, no homework and less work and sports practice.
I miss more rested and relaxed children and husband.
I miss Katie - now back at school and busy already, even though classes don't start until next week.
I miss the anticipation of Christmas morning gift time - all the planning and shopping for just the right gifts and watching faces light up when they are opened.
I miss staying up late and sleeping til I wake up.
I miss all the cheery decorations, and the pretty Christmas tree.
I miss Cameron coming over more often to hang out, since his schedule is easier and siblings are around.
I miss my Christmas mugs.
I miss receiving Christmas letters and cards and pictures of families and friends that I love.

On the flip side, I do like being back into a routine.
I like having a bit of alone time in the morning to reflect and spend time with God.
I like the more open, crisper, less cluttered look of the house with just the regular decor. And...hmmm...

Sorry to be so "Bah, humbug!". Just keeping it real here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment