Every now and then the kids beg me to pull out the binder that holds scraps of paper where I've written down funny things they said when they were little. The other night was one of those times. After dinner we all sat around the table and laughed together at the things they said, even though we've read them many times. Rosie always wonders why there aren't very many "Rosie stories". We always explain that she was a very quiet, sweet little girl who didn't have much to say, so there aren't as many stories for her. So if you wonder why there aren't as many stories for Rosalie, now you'll know. :)I wish I had done even better at recording the cute little things they said and did, but am thankful that I at least have these little scraps of paper. So here are some Kisling kid stories. Hopefully they give you a little chuckle and brighten your day. :)
Cameron:
Summer '98: Bee bee boop died. Nana's 'ouse. Membo dat? (A baby bird died at Nana's house. Remember that?)
January '01, age 3 1/2: Picking up Cam from Awana
Reid: Can you still say your verse, Cam?
Cameron: No, I talked so much I lost my breath.
February '01, almost 4:
Cam: What's a genius?
Mom: a very, very, very smart person.
Cam: I'm a genius.
Mom: Well, no, you're not.
Cam: Yes, I am.
Mom: Well, you are very smart, but you're not one of the smartest people in the world. Cam: Well, I'm practicing!
March '02, almost 5:
Cam is getting dressed for Texas Day at preschool...
Cam: I found my cowboy hat and some socks, but I can't find the antenna (bandana).
April '02, age 5:
Mom: Mmmm, you smell so nice and clean.
Cam: Yeah, I used Daddy's soap and shampoo.
Mom: You did! Wow, growin' up!
Cam: Yeah, I feel like a redult (adult) already!
Cam went through this phase of "re" words. It was great! Here are some of his "re" words:
Re-puter (computer)
Re-seum (museum)
Re-lympics (olympics)
Re-dult (adult)
August '02, after the 1st day of kindergarten:
Cam: Sigh...
Mom: Are you tired, Cam?
Cam: Yeah, this kindergarten stuff wears me out.
October '02, age 5 1/2:
Mom: You didn't complain about your ankle hurting while you were outside.
Cam: That's cuz when I'm having fun I don't have time to complain. (ain't that the truth!)
April '03, age 6:
Cam: I don't recorize (recognize) this street.
April, '03:
Cam: Oh my gosh! Dad! Look! The viruses (irises) are blooming!
Katie:
October, '01, age 2 1/2:
Katie, singing: He made da hole in da world, wif His hands
June '02, age just turned 3:
Mom drove a little too fast around a corner and Katie says "Take it easy, Mom!" (funny out of a 3 year old's mouth!)
June '02, age just turned 3:
Mom: Katie, don't pick your owie.
Katie: But Mom, you remember my other rule. Kids just can't leave their owies alone.
July '02:
Katie wouldn't eat her lunch, but said she wanted some cake. We told her to eat her sandwich and she said " But I'm tired of food - all of the food that God made."
March '03, age almost 4:
Katie: We can use a feather for a pen in the new-en days just like in the olden days!
April '03:
Katie: The toilet needs to be plumped. I'll go get the plumper!
April '03, age almost 4, Cam, just turned 6:
Katie: You're strong, Cam.
Cam: Thanks, Kaid. I ate my vegetables last night.
Kaite: Yeah, 'cept the red peppers. But you can hardly taste the red peppers, Cam.
June, '03, just turned 4:
Katie words: Star horse = Star Wars, pink on ball= ping pong ball
Rosalie:
Cute Rosie words: bag-eagle= bagel, oopstie = oopsie, scum scween = sunscreen, wope = roach, wimmie poot = swim suit
Rosalie, age 3, comes out of her and Natalie's bedroom, sleepy eyed, in footy pj's carrying "Mimi" the lamb: Mommy, baby slept two hours late!
Natalie:
Cute Natalie words: cupboards= covers, mudge = fudge, sleeping cutie = sleeping beauty, corn plates = corn flakes, bikini bread = zucchini bread, floss = lip gloss, mistake = steak, What do I smell like? = What do I smell?
March '06, age just turned 3:
Natalie : Can you do da bangs? (Meaning, can you brush my top teeth?)
May '06, age 3:
At Dairy Queen one day Nattie looks at a man and says : Mommy, look who's here.
Mom: Yeah, who is that?
Natalie: I don't know!
May '06, age 3:
Dad, scolding Natalie: Did you call Rosie a potato?
Natalie: No, a tomato!
June '06, age 3:
Right after I cut Reid's hair...
Natalie: Daddy's hair cut looks pretty.
Rosalie: It's not pretty Nattie. (Meaning that for boys, pretty is not the right word.)
Natalie: If it's not pretty, what is it?
Rosalie: It's cool!
June '06, age 3:
Natalie: Posie's fish died with his eyes open.
Rosalie: Nattie, that's because fish don't have blinkers.
Natalie: (blinking) Yeah, they don't blink... like this. (Winking) And they can't wink either, like this.
April '07, age 4:
Natalie, while making her bed, to the tune of "it's a Small World After All":
"It's a two girl leotar (leotard)" (whole song thru)
vs. 2 "It's a 4 year old leotar"
vs. 3 "It has sparkles on it."
April '07, age 4:
Natalie makes a list of things she needs to do today, including puppy training, coloring and going to the store. She colors (because it's on her list) and says "This is colored by Natalie the Kisling Louise.
How I wish I hadn't stopped, and had been able to record even more, but I do love having these little snippets of each child's early years. :)Hope they brought a smile to your day! :)
Untethered… and Running On
11 months ago

Oh, I laughed out loud so many times! Sweet, sweet, hilarious Kisling children!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I love remebering. I have a few additions for you:
ReplyDeleteYou forgot re-partment on Cam's re words. We still call them repartments and think of that cute little guy he used to be every time we say it.
I remember once when you guys stayed late at our house to play games. When you were leaving, Reid was carrying Katie (maybe three years old? She couldn't say her s's...) over his shoulder. She was sound asleep, but as you opened the front door to leave, she opened her eyes and saw Chris standing behind Reid. She broke into the biggest grin and with squinty, sleepy eyes said, "Aw, Chrith... you're the betht!"
Oh, those are great, Les! Thanks for adding to the memories! I miss those days with all our little people running around while we play games. :)
DeleteThank you Carrie. You did brighten my day. I wish I had had the time when mine were small to write some down. We definitely remember a lot of them but I know there are some lost forever. Love you. Cousin Patty
ReplyDelete