I am so loving this Fall weather! The cooler weather makes me want to bake, so I've got Poppy Seed Bread in the oven, the laundry is going, and my motivatedmoms.com chore list for today says to spend time on a craft or hobby, so here I am spending time on one of my hobbies, my blog.
I've continued in my quest for finding little gifts in every day. It's fun! And I love how the seasons of the year and of life offer new things to be thankful for along the way. There is always something fresh to thank the Lord for, and I even try to thank him for the things He gives that aren't necessarily pleasant. So here's more of my list.....
102. Fresh, free garden veggies given by friends.
103. Birthday dinner and a game of Ticket to Ride with Kevin.
104. Home made ice cream.
105. A new "mom" who cares enough to make home made sorbet for my dairy free girls.
106. An excellent report at REACH.
107. Predawn sky - deep periwinkle blue.
108. A visit with Becky at the pool.
109. A visit with Kristi at the park.
110. Coupons!
111. Saving $75 dollars on shoes for 4 kids.
112. People who read my blog. :)
113. Katie's happiness over her 1st babysitting job.
114. Rosie and Isabelle working out a conflict beautifully.
115. A house for the Donaldson's
116. The way God alone orchestrated the events and timing for the Donaldson's new home.
117. Jeana's happy willingness to paint my dresser.
118. A spontaneous evening drop in visit from Dad and Mary.
119. Pretty pink petunias in a cobalt blue pot.
120. A fresh coat of blue paint in my bedroom.
121. Good conversation with Reid on the phone last night. (He was out of town.)
122. Mug with cheery cherries on it.
123. Nattie's contagious, crinkly eyed smile.
124. Rosie's graceful ways.
125. Katie's generous and compassionate heart.
126. Cam's loyal steady ways.
127. The Lord's care, protection and character building in the lives of our children.
128. The smell of garlic while dinner's cooking.
129. REACH - Charlie and Conceicau.
130. The taste and feel of popping a sun warmed cherry tomato in my mouth straight from the vine.
131. Dinner and a movie with girlfriends.
132. Kids enjoying their time with "Uncle" Charlie.
133. A headache. (God wants us to be thankful for everything, right? Not just the flowery good stuff!)
134. His provision and care of our family.
135. New colored gel pens.
136. Preparations for a new school year.
137. Motivated Moms chore lists.
138. The smell of fabric softener outside the laundry room window.
139. My cleaning jobs.
140. That the brokenness of the piano was just a pencil that was stuck! (To think I didn't even check for that for over six months! *sigh*)
141. People out walking at dusk - all over the neighborhood, enjoying the warm summer evening.
142. Calendars with big squares.
143. Old, yucky carpet. (I don't have to worry about it! )
144. A new organization system. (Hope it works!)
145. My Bible.
146. Girls that stay up late talking. (Even though it frustrates me because they are cranky the next day.)
147. Cleaned off kitchen counters.
148. Smooth legs. :)
149. Parents who live close by.
150. Another woman to share my dad's life, and to be in our lives.
151. Fresh blackberries!
152. Blackberry stained lips and fingers on the girls who picked the berries.
153. Rhubarb from my mother-in-law's garden. Lots of it!
154. One of Mom's old journals - only a few pages written in - 1st page about talking to me while I was pregnant with Rosalie.
155. Bringing that journal home to continue the legacy. (Which would work better if I'd actually write in it!)
156. Talking with Dad about Mom.
157. Excited teens exploring the High School, getting ready for 9th grade.
158. Playing worship music with Becky while the kids play Animalopoly.
159. Becky's gift of groceries.
160. Blackberry pie.
161. Rhubarb crisp.
162. My husband's leadership.
163. Blogging.
164. The library!
165. Our visit to Friendsview Retirement community.
166. Our sweet kids - patient and kind at Friendsview.
167. Mopped kitchen floor.
168. Beautiful gladiolas on my kitchen table - a gift from Reid.
169. New beginnings - a new sport, a new school year, a new friendship.... all kinds!
170. Louise Madson - lively, wonderful 80 something year old.
171. Time with Jeana.
172. Freshly painted dresser and mirror - with Jeana's help.
173. Free paint to paint the dresser with.
174. New knobs - free! - for the dresser.
175. Bickering kids - teaches me patience, teaches them how to talk through and work out conflict.
176. The beauty and peace of the vineyard next to our house.
177. The smell of Pine-Sol and fresh clean floors.
178. Pay day!
179. The freedom in a budget.
180. That Reid is a fix-it kind of guy who knows how to fix almost anything.
181. A great 1st day of school for all the kids.
182. Friends for Katie in her classes.
183. A confident Cameron.
184. That Rosalie likes her teacher.
185. A sweet bunch of girls in Natalie's class.
186. Time alone with Katie after school.
187. Park time with the school moms. Yay!
188. Fun time helping Cam study - laughing with him at goofy things the sisters say.
189. A good fight with Reid - resolved conflict, talked through feelings.
190. Homemade goodies to put in the school lunches.
191. New soft cozy slippers.
192. New lipstick.
193. 1st day of school pictures.
194. A full refrigerator.
195. The mowed yard (no more tall dandelions here and there!)
196. Carpools!
197. Water Polo - fun to learn a new sport.
198. A wandering, pondering walk through Costco with no time restraints.
199. Walking Rosalie and Natalie to school.
200. New book bags, lunch boxes, school supplies - all fresh and ready for a new school year.
Untethered… and Running On
11 months ago

I love these lists. I'm honored and humbled to mentioned here. And I'm thankful for reading things like #189 (Been there this week, too) and #193 (Sometimes it's the simple things). Plus, don't you think thankfulness is contagious? As I read your list I can't but nod by head in agreement and lift my own bits of thanksgiving to God. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thing for me to read just before I leave tomorrow for Germany. THANK YOU Carrie. I am so grateful too for you! All my love cousin. Watch for me on FB with some pictures and all those things that I will be grateful for there with my daughter and granddaughter. Patty
ReplyDeleteI had to come back and reread your list Carrie. It is so nice to be grateful for the smallest things in life. It makes life so much more.....as you know! Though I have to say I have a really hard time imagining you and Reid really fighting though I'm sure it happens with anyone that lives together at some point. I loved that you listed it and that it was probably because of how you worked it through and resolved it. Thank you cousin. I love you. Patty
ReplyDelete