I'm feeling a little lost today. Yesterday afternoon we returned from one of my favorite vacations ever (except for the fact that Cameron could not be with us.) Most of the time when we've been gone, I am ready to sleep in my own bed again, ready to tackle what things I left undone upon leaving, ready to embrace our home routine again. But not this time. Not this time.
I loved spending hours upon hours in the car with my family. We laughed and sang and talked with funny accents and read books and stared out windows at beauty and relaxed and slept. Every night of this trip except one (two nights in one campground! WooHoo!), we worked together to set up the tent trailer, ate dinner, worked to clean up dinner and set up beds. Every morning we worked together to pack lunches, make breakfast, put everything away, take down the tent trailer and then headed out for the adventure of the day. (And every day, only a few minutes was spent on electronic devices! ;) )
We explored Redwood forests, saw a herd of elk close up, walked the Santa Cruz Boardwalk for an hour or two, visited Westmont College, did touristy things in Solvang, CA, and ended up for the weekend in Pismo Beach for the wedding of a special family friend. I will treasure these memories. The Lord is good. To a person, we all wished it could have lasted longer. Each of us expressed wishes to stay longer with our friends in Pismo Beach/ Arroyo Grande and a strong desire to visit them again in the not too distant future, and to share life with them for a little longer than 2 days. I hope it's a wish that comes true....



What precious memories! Looks like an amazing trip!
ReplyDelete