Laundry. It's never ending. Always growing. Always appearing right when I thought it had disappeared. I've tried many methods of doing laundry. I've tried the "Do it all in one day" method, the "Do a load a day" method and the "Mom, I'm out of socks! I need some tomorrow!" method (also known as the "*Sigh* Are there no clean towels, honey?" method.) They all seem to work for a while, but each has it's glitches and drawbacks. But today....
Today was different! Two of my friends invited me to join them in their Monday laundry race. Yeah, I know. It's basically the "Do it all in one day" method. But with a twist. We all reported what our goal for the day was - and they were all different according to our laundry needs. And then we raced to see who could get theirs done the fastest. It may not seem a fair race when some of us have 6 loads and some only have 3, but it all comes out in the wash (hee! hee!) somehow. It was fun! We reported throughout the day via Facebook message.
My kids were so excited to have ALL their clothes clean at once! You should have heard the exclamations! "I have SOOO many choices!" I've got tons of underwear and socks clean!" "Socks!" "Look at all my shirts!" The girls were even inspired to clean out their drawers and organize their closets. Katie organized her shirts by color. Rosie and Nattie organized theirs by sleeve length. Cameron dumped his on his chair, and they then proceeded to fall off the chair onto the floor. I made him fix that. :)
And now I don't have to think about laundry again for a whole week! I feel like a Mighty Momma today! :)
Untethered… and Running On
11 months ago

You ARE a Mighty Momma! Looking forward to next week's race already!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!! You rock, Carrie! I love the description of how your kids responded. So pleasing. Thanks for joining our race. :)
ReplyDeleteLOL now that's funny. Now aren't you glad you decided to come back to Facebook....! I also utilized the mending pile method. Gosh if it needs repair before I can wash it throw it on the mending pile and perhaps I'll get it fixed before it is outgrown...! Only drawback was if it was new and my son would throw himself to the floor and say OH NOOOOOO Not the mending pile mom. Of course I would go fix it right away then so as not to seem heartless. Cousin Patty
ReplyDelete